« Homeschoolers Are Funny | Main | If you were following the math discussion below .... »

January 31, 2007

Wow

After I posted that last entry, I looked at the time.

This is the exact minute Connor was born, 11 years ago. The minute my world changed.

Sniff.

He got his Arrow of Light award tonight. (Scroll down to the "Top of the Mountain" story; we used that for the cermony.) Like an idiot, I did not bring the camera. Someone else will have gotten pictures, and I'll get them son.

Posted by lynx at January 31, 2007 12:19 AM

Comments

HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY CONNOR !!!

I can't believe it's been 11 yrs...where has the time gone ?

Posted by: Jewels at January 31, 2007 12:19 AM

Happy birthday.

Congratulations on Connor's Arrow of Light Award. Gonzo just did his last requirement on Monday. Is Connor going on to a Troop? Many of the boys in my Webelos den are rather ho-hum about advancing.

Gonzo finally conceded to try it for a year. He tries to avoid challenges; he needs to get nudged out of his comfort zone more often.

Posted by: Heidi at January 31, 2007 8:36 AM

Connor is going into a Troop. In this pack, only 3 boys made it through Webelos II, and only the pack leader's son and the asst. pack leader's son got the Arrow of Light.

Connor is excited about Boy Scouts, though. We're very involved with the program, so that helps.

Nudging is good. Hopefully Gonzo will have a good troop. There are so many cool things a good troops can do!

Posted by: Stephanie at January 31, 2007 9:59 AM

Happy Birthday, Connor!

My N. went through the Arrow of Light last year close to this time. He did go on to a troop and that has been an even better experience for him than cub scouts, if you can imagine that.

We did have to nudge him, but now he is really into it and has already put in a reservation for Philmont in 2008. The boy scouts program is really great for him--very structured and yet responsive to his interests--and he has the advantage of being mentored by some fine young men and guided by wonderful grown up men!
I am glad we nudged.

Posted by: Elisheva Levin at January 31, 2007 6:39 PM

Gonzo is really starting to get excited. He was pleased that I bought his brown shirt, when he ran from the suggestion last fall.

His troop is attracting a few more boys. They are just starting their second patrol. What looked like a group of three may be be up to seven or eight.

Posted by: Heidi at February 7, 2007 8:41 AM