« The Tentative Plan | Main | Early Weekend »

May 23, 2006

Okay, Jeff

What do you think of this?

Posted by lynx at May 23, 2006 8:27 AM

Thomas Aquinas College is very similar. Some of the tutors graduated from SJC. The students aren't required to be in choir sophomore year like at SJC, but they do have a music class junior year. Here is the link for their curriculum:

BTW, there are two SJC's, one in New Mexico and one in Maryland.

Posted by: Sara at May 23, 2006 12:11 PM

Oh, yeah. They are a Catholic college, but many students there are not Catholic. They also have very good financial aid.

Posted by: Sara at May 23, 2006 12:13 PM

I've secretly been drooling over Thomas Aquinas College for awhile now. It looks *wonderful*. Nice to hear that the financial aid is good.

Posted by: MamaLynx [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 12:35 PM

That looks like a fun reading list - and already in chronological order! That might take a few years. :)

For a more compressed version of some of this, try The Squashed Philosophers

Posted by: Mark L [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 1:39 PM

Drool, drool.

Posted by: Jeff Medcalf [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 3:37 PM

My dream is to go to St. John's for a second B.A. I suspect I'd learn a lot more than I did for my doctorate. ;)

Posted by: Mungo at May 23, 2006 4:26 PM

I took humanities in high school senior year and we literally skimmed over most of those on the freshman list. All of a sudden I feel completely illiterate. bleh.

Posted by: Jewels at May 23, 2006 9:24 PM

But how gud is there futbal teem? How gud ken de kolej be if there futbal teem don't win?

Posted by: queuno at May 23, 2006 9:44 PM

Hey! Queuno's from Texas!

Posted by: MamaLynx [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 11:02 PM

Sometimes I hate coming to your blog. When you point to things like this, I am painfully reminded of my lack of grounding in many of the great works of man. I much prefer the happy feeling of not thinking about my ignorance, thank you very much.

Posted by: Brian Medcalf at May 24, 2006 9:31 PM