« The Tentative Plan | Main | Early Weekend »

May 23, 2006

Okay, Jeff

What do you think of this?

Posted by lynx at May 23, 2006 8:27 AM

Comments

Thomas Aquinas College is very similar. Some of the tutors graduated from SJC. The students aren't required to be in choir sophomore year like at SJC, but they do have a music class junior year. Here is the link for their curriculum:

BTW, there are two SJC's, one in New Mexico and one in Maryland.

Posted by: Sara at May 23, 2006 12:11 PM

Oh, yeah. They are a Catholic college, but many students there are not Catholic. They also have very good financial aid.

Posted by: Sara at May 23, 2006 12:13 PM

Sara,

I've secretly been drooling over Thomas Aquinas College for awhile now. It looks *wonderful*. Nice to hear that the financial aid is good.

Posted by: MamaLynx [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 12:35 PM

That looks like a fun reading list - and already in chronological order! That might take a few years. :)

For a more compressed version of some of this, try The Squashed Philosophers

Posted by: Mark L [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 1:39 PM

Drool, drool.

Posted by: Jeff Medcalf [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 3:37 PM

My dream is to go to St. John's for a second B.A. I suspect I'd learn a lot more than I did for my doctorate. ;)

Posted by: Mungo at May 23, 2006 4:26 PM

I took humanities in high school senior year and we literally skimmed over most of those on the freshman list. All of a sudden I feel completely illiterate. bleh.

Posted by: Jewels at May 23, 2006 9:24 PM

But how gud is there futbal teem? How gud ken de kolej be if there futbal teem don't win?

Posted by: queuno at May 23, 2006 9:44 PM

Hey! Queuno's from Texas!

Posted by: MamaLynx [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 11:02 PM

Sometimes I hate coming to your blog. When you point to things like this, I am painfully reminded of my lack of grounding in many of the great works of man. I much prefer the happy feeling of not thinking about my ignorance, thank you very much.

Posted by: Brian Medcalf at May 24, 2006 9:31 PM